We began today's meeting with a brief video and demonstration of rail gun technology.
Following the video and demonstration, we returned to our task of choosing which topics and projects we'd most like to investigate this year. Top four vote-getters were:
- Building a hovercraft machine
- Exploring lasers
- Launching a rocket with still/video capabilities
- Demonstrating superconductor levitation
Actions items for the meeting include:
- Mr. Wagner will discuss current model rocket offerings with still picture/video capabilities.
- Ethan will investigate potential projects / goals we may want to undertake surrounding lasers.
- Christina will talk to Mr. Cermak to learn more about what is involved in building a hovercraft.
- Mr. Fullerton will investigate a superconductor levitation demonstration.
- Mr. Fullerton will create a science club blog for use by all members.
Next meeting will be Wednesday, 12/16, at 3:10 p.m. in Room 3033. At this meeting, we will not have a formal demonstration or presentation, but instead will split into interest groups to do some basic Internet research, and reconvene at the end of the meeting to share what each group has learned.